This is my first render in Appleseed.
I have not yet learned to use it.
But I have half a year experience in Luxrender.
This scene was originally created in Luxrender.
In Appleseed, I just replaced the materials.
I tried to set the same material parameters.
The lighting is the same, I have not changed anything
System: Pop! os, Laptop CPU i5 7th Gen + GTX 1050
Render size 4320 x 2430 px/
Render time: Lux 3h, OpenCL CPU+GPU / Appleseed 30 min Path Tracer CPU
Memory used: Lux 4Gb / Appleseed 800 Mb
When starting the Luxrender IO HDD 20-65 Mb/sek blocking the entire system for ~5-10 minutes
When starting the Appleseed the system responds, I was free to work in another window. The launch was very fast.
When rendering a Luxrander, the system is occupied by a 50% processor, the GPU is 75%, but powerful swapping (IO HDD 5-10 Mb/sek) makes the system sluggish.
Rendering cycles (2.79.6) take away my system. 100% CPU and 100% GPU. And I can not work in parallel.
Render Appleseed I did not even notice.
I am very pleasantly surprised by the result!
I’m shocked! I am amazed! I am inspired!
Of course, there are flaws in the render. But I do not know how to customize. This is the first result. First job.