Ha! I figured .studio out well enough to create a render. After reading the wiki pages I decided to try .studio again.
The biggest hurdles actually turned out to be understanding how to move the camera in the viewport and creating a material. I’m still fuzzy on many of the options for practically everything. In the end I managed to finish a scene and output an image.
The attached is a concept vehicle I created for a game project I’m working on called x-shift online. It was modeled in Silo3D. It was getting too late to create and tweak all the materials needed but this gave me a decent feel for how to use .studio now.