Please read the above post.

debugging the appleseed.cli I get this:

(gdb) run
Starting program: /Applications/appleseed/bin/appleseed.cli
[New Thread 0x1403 of process 45596]
warning: unhandled dyld version (15)
[Inferior 1 (process 45596) exited normally]
(gdb)

Actually, on macOS you need to have a recent Python 2.7 installed and a PYTHONHOME environment variable pointing to it. This is a requirement of appleseed.studio in release 1.8.0-beta. This requirement will be removed in the next version (we will bundle Python 2.x on all platforms including macOS).

I just downloaded appleseed 1.80 beta and attempted to install it on my Mac Pro running High Sierra 10.13.1, using ./appleseed.studio as instructed on the web page as well as ./appleseed-studio and ./appleseed.cli --system and got illegal instruction: 4 as well - do you have any suggestions on something else I can try? In the bin folder there is an ‘appleseed-studio’ file, but no ‘appleseed.studio’ file?

Sorry to hear that @Geoff_Brandenburg.

We plan to release a new macOS build of appleseed without the SSE 4.2 requirement. Unfortunately this is a staggering amount of work and we haven’t had the time to do it yet. We will keep you guys posted here about our progress.

On macOS, appleseed.studio is renamed to appleseed-studio to avoid confusing the Finder and to allow double-clicking on the file.

I am currently getting this error as well. Is there a version that currently works with High Sierra Mac Pro Late 2013, 3 GHz 8-Core Intel Xeon E5, 32 GB 1866 MHz DDR3, AMD FirePro D700 6144 MB. Like an older version?

Hi @Scorysto, I’m afraid not… Building anything on macOS is a pain, and we haven’t come around to rebuild everything without SSE4.2 yet…