Interior Scene From Scratch

New scene I’ve been working on from scratch, Next thing to add will be chalk markings.
The following is a work in process, please critics and comments :nerd_face:

Best regards!

-JC

A beautiful scene!

Some closeups would be appreciated, the cushions on the sofa look really good.

I will add some closeups, even though they are not so detailed. Thanks!

New renders coming up o.o

How much time to render for this scene?

I don’t recall exactly but it was more than 8 hours. :smiley:

I like the render.
It is one of the images inspiring me to learn appleseed.
But I will like to know if it took more than 8 hours, what is your system specification ?

It’s not that uncommon for an image like that to take 8 hours to render. Path tracing isn’t the fastest rendering method and appleseed is still a beta program so it hasn’t been optimized to the same extent as Cycles (although there’s a GSOC project that seeks to fix that).

Moreover, convergence is slowing down exponentially so the render probably wasn’t that bad to start with after one or two hours; nowadays appleseed supports denoising and that could have been used to clean up the remaining noise.

Also I had a super slow computer, that why it took that long. :smiley:

This scene is really stunning, and I think it was the first appleseed render that I saw. It made me download blender and start rendering again after a too long break. I’m happy I did.

Would be interesting to see render times with the new release coming up, or other of your indoor scenes. The indirect lighting looks pretty fucking stunning in your setups

Thanks a lot man, I had shared some scenes on the past, for you guys to try. If you want some specific scene, let me know.

I will try to render with the render stamp on to test times. Indirect light is just a white solid :stuck_out_tongue: