Hello forum visitors,
we have recently made public a preview build of the upcoming appleseed/blenderseed release for testing.
There are many great improvements included:
- exporter rewritten from scratch based on Python 35 and appleseed Python bindings
- interactive rendering in the viewport
- new adaptive sampling mode available
- new postprocessing stage (render stamp, illumination analysis colormaps and isolines) available
- new toon shader (NPR shader) included
- support for archive assemblies and linked objects
- area lights
- adjustable motion blur segments
- All appleseed render elements (AOV) and utility shading overrides are available
And to simplify installation, appleseed is now bundled with blenderseed! Everything needed to use blenderseed in Blender is included.
The plugin was compiled for Windows using Python 3.5, it will only work with Blender 2.79b. It will not work with daily builds or Blender 2.8.
Please let us know your experience with it.