Rendering test - millepertuis

Still image of a rendering test of an obj export from Maya. It needs to be improved (especially the normals).

Thanks to the Appleseed team,
Antoine

Very nice! Did you use mayaseed?

Thanks,
No, I tried to install Mayaseed, but without success. I need to investigate further on that.
So I’ve assigned shaders and textures manually, directly in Appleseed.

Ok. Don’t hesitate to get in touch with us here if you need help installing mayaseed.

By the way, did you follow the installation guide? http://mayaseed.net/docs/Installation/

Franz

Yes I have follow the installation guide but I don’t remember what was the issue.
I will try again and if I’m stuck, I will ask for help.
Thanks!

Is there some ways to have access to the latest build of the mayaseed for maya2015 or is it in production to be released soon ?. Nice render test …

Hi,
Thanks!
I don’t know. I’m new here.
I tried to do the install with Maya 2014 only. I don’t know if there is a scheduled Maya 2015 version.
Antoine

Hi Laurent,

I’m forward your question to @jonathantopf, the author of mayaseed.

Franz

Hey guys, the main stumbling block is getting the OBJ exporter (which is written in c++) compiled for all the newer versions and platforms. It shouldn’t be hard to do but I’m really hard up for time right now so I wont be able to do it for a while.

I’d love to show somebody around the code if they know much about cmake and c++,

Sorry for the bad news!